Saturday, June 9, 2018

Table



I am about to have communion here at home. If you would like to join with me, you can prepare a cracker, or piece of matzoh, and juice, wine, or even just water, if that is all you have. I take communion here as often as it is brought to my mind. To me, communion is not just a memorial ("Do this in remembrance of Me.") of the sacrifice of Christ, but like the Passover Seder, which the communion was, it is also prophetic. Passover was not just to be kept as a memorial of God's miracle of deliverance from the plague of death, and the exodus from Egypt, but it was also a prophetic picture of the sacrifice of the Lamb of God, Jesus, who would come to take away the sins of the world.
In the same manner, communion not only memorializes Christ's sacrifice, but it also has a prophetic declaration attached to it concerning the return of Christ, and His marriage supper with His Bride. Let's look at those prophetic declarations.
Paul directs the church:
"For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death till He comes."  1 Cor. 11:26
Paul connects the spiritual significance of communion, not only to the past sacrifice, but to the future coming of Christ.
Connected to the sharing of communion, Jesus also declared:
"...for I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes."
"But I say to you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father's kingdom."   Lk. 22:18, Mt. 26:29
As I partake of the communion, whether at church or here at home, it not only offers me the chance to connect with my Savior, and His atonement for me, but also to connect with my coming Bridegroom and soon returning King. It opens a door of prayer for me that allows me to stand in the prophetic promise of His return, as I actively intercede concerning it. It is my opportunity to participate in the call of the Spirit to the Lord, which is "Come":
"And the Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely."   Rev. 22:17
Not only am I agreeing with the Holy Spirit when I make my prophetic declaration, "Come!", but those who hear that declaration also join and say, "Come!" And then the invitation goes out even further to "whoever" has a spiritual thirst. Once the prophetic call to Jesus goes forth, the effects are multiplied. Communion is another way for me to make that call, or demand, in the spirit.
So, if you have your bread and "wine" ready, let us begin our communion:
"...the Lord Jesus, on the same night in which He was betrayed took bread; and when He had given thanks (let us take a moment to hold our bread and offer a prayer of thanks), He broke it and said, "Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me."
In the same manner (let us also say a prayer of thanks for the cup) He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."   1 Cor. 11:23-25
Lord Jesus, I remember Your sacrifice for me, and the new covenant that You established according to the promise of the Father. I also, in eating the bread and drinking the wine, express to You my hope and my anticipation of Your soon return, and for the marriage supper of the Lamb. In Your name, I believe Your prophetic promises to me. Amen.
Perhaps you have never before viewed communion as prophetic, as I have proposed here. However, I can assure you that you will experience this when partaking of the Table of the Lord. Because of who Jesus is, whose testimony (witness, including testifying concerning future events) is the spirit of prophecy, there cannot help but be a prophetic meaning to this signature expression of our relationship with Christ, in my opinion.

Our Father calls us to the table of His Son.

"Come to the Table"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXXxLwxfo0U



No comments:

Post a Comment