Thursday, March 7, 2013

Constancy

 

If there is one constancy to be found in the world, it is inconstancy.
We have grown used to the idea that we can change anything and everything.
We change our jobs. We change our spouses, if we are unhappy. We change homes. We change cars, schools, and friends. We change our appearance. We change churches as if they had revolving doors on the front of the buildings.
This is the way of things in the world, and we have conformed to it.
But this is not the way of our Father.

"I am the LORD, I change not..."
Malachi 3:6

In Malachi, the LORD assures us that if He has made a promise, He will keep it. He is constant, though the world systems encourage inconstancy. He knows that because He has created us in His image, that we crave constancy also.
The world has made us restless, and that state of being without rest has caused us to become inconstant, running to and fro, always seeking what we think will satisfy us, if we just keep trying to change everything around us. But our Father encourages us to be constant. Rest and satisfaction are not found in our circumstances. They are found in our Father.

"Now He (the LORD) said to me (David),
"It is your son, Solomon who shall build My house and My courts;
for I have chosen him to be My son,
and I will be his Father.
Moreover I will establish his kingdom forever, "if he is constant
to observe My commandments and My judgments,
as it is this day."
1 Chron. 28:6-7

The LORD establishes a Father/son relationship with Solomon, and Solomon's kingdom will be established forever, if he is constant. He must be constant in following the precepts of God.
Our Father desires constancy in us, even as He can be depended upon to be constant in all that He says and does.

Our Father is constant.


"It is Well With My Soul"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vaar6Ij55ig

"Now We are Free"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdVLi235gZQ

No comments:

Post a Comment